Sunday, December 03, 2023

Tommy James - Light Of Day

 Another glorious morning. Cooper and I enjoyed an early walk as usual and it was a balmy warm. We had some rain last night and there was fog on our walk. It is 4am to 5am when we walk so it is dark and at one point near the elementary school (with big street lights), we saw what appeared to be 3 people walking a few blocks ahead of us and they just seemed to disappear...freaky. Cooper is always hypervigilant and senses/sees people/animals way before I do. Since it was comfortable this morning we went on our long walk. Our town put up their Christmas decorations so I took the opportunity to get some photo's with Cooper. He really did not cooperate much...looking at me like "Do you really need me to do this?. Yes, I do.

I was going through one of my catagorized boxes yesterday that had my Tommy James 45's to record some for upcoming posts. Tommy James has always been one of my favorite artists and it is such a travesty that he is not in the Rock N Roll Hall of Shame. It is amazing how many of his records I have including tons of import 45s with picture sleeves. Today's post is a B side from one of his first solo 45's. During this period in Tommy's life, he had a near death experience when he overdosed. Some of his later Shondells 45s had a spiritual aspect and during the start of his solo career he became a Christian. I always thought this song had a spiritual message and I would love to know what he was really going through thought wise when he wrote this song. He included it on his 1st solo LP and the Chritian Of The World lp. 












No comments: